Last week, WestPoint Home, a supplier of fashion and core home textile products, began producing reusable face masks with a proprietary health-care textile that offers an increased level of protection, and are preparing regulatory submissions as fast as possible to make the products available to the general public.
In an email, WestPoint Home president and CEO, Jonathan Witmer, said, “For over 200 years, we have been helping the world create loving and comfortable homes. These are truly unprecedented times and we all have to do our part to help each other, especially our front line health-care workers!”
The email says the company is working with the New York City Mayor’s office and other governmental and private health-care providers to provide free face masks for frontline health-care workers. Shipments have already started, but they want to do more.
Frontline health-care workers in need of access to face masks are asked to contact WestPoint Home at firstname.lastname@example.org with information about the need. Witmer says they will do everything possible to send as many requested face masks as they can make completely free of charge.
“We all can make a difference! Our entire team is dedicated to doing our part,” Witmer said. “If everyone pitches in, we can solve this together! We look forward to hearing from you.”
The email adds the following information about the face masks:
This droplet face mask is for general purpose use only to help provide the wearer with protection against large droplets, splashes, or sprays of bodily fluids. It will not protect a wearer against bacteria, viruses, or other biological contamination.
• Our masks are not N95 respirators
• Meant for nurses, transit employees, emergency personnel, and other professionals
• Provides basic protection, not for aerosol protection or surgery
• Uses bleach-safe SILVERbac™ silver (Ag)-infused fibers to inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria and can be washed 100-plus times without losing this benefit
• Can handle commercial-grade laundries and household washers and dryers
• Machine wash warm with mild detergent and non-chlorine bleach as needed; tumble dry medium
• Available in two sizes: Small/medium and large