QUALITY IMPROVEMENT CERTIFICATIONS
The education alliance with higher education partners, like UWF, complements the quality student development programs already established in the regions’ college networks. This alliance also complements the quality manufacturing academy programs launched across Northwest Florida by including those already employed by our manufacturing members. Through a partnership between the University of West Florida and the Northwest Florida Manufacturers Council, select technical engagements are being offered to our members at no cost.
This listing characterizes some of the unique programs that are available:
3D Design Using SolidWorks ∙ Fundamentals of Technical Writing ∙ Process Mapping ∙ Data Measurement and Analysis Tools ∙ Lean Six Sigma Green Belt ∙ Certified Lean Practitioner ∙ Corrective and Preventive Action Course for the Aerospace Industry ∙ AS9100D – Internal Auditor Course ∙ Project Management Professional ∙ Introduction to CMMI for Development v1.3 ∙ Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing ∙ NFPA 70E Arc Flash Compliance ∙ Systems Engineering
Registration and Class Schedule:
This SolidWorks workshop meets three times:
Thursday, March 21; 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursday, March 28; 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursday, April 4; 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
UWF Fort Walton Beach (3/21 and (3/28) and UWF Sea3D Lab (4/4)
- Identify basic dimensioning and tolerancing terminology and requirements.
- Create common pictorial representations of objects used in industry such as orthographic views, section views, and auxiliary views.
- Create 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional drawings of mechanical objects.
- Perform elementary simulations of mechanical or thermal processes.
- Engineering drafting, dimension and tolerancing
- 3-dimensional drawing
- 3D simulation
- CAD design for manufacturing