As many of you are adjusting to operating business around the COVID-19 virus, NWFMC, FloridaMakes at UWF and the Haas Center want to make sure you have the resources you need to continue operations. As we engage in teleconferences and webinars with our partners throughout the state, we want to help you identify where help is available. Please see the list of resources below. This list will be updated on our on our websites, social media and email as they become available.
If you are suffering from supplier shutdowns or currently over capacity and are looking for other Florida based companies that may have overflow capacity, please go to the Manufacturers Supply Chain Database link below. There, you can register your company and search for advanced materials, manufacturing products and services providers
- Manufacturers Survey: Contribute to the COVID-19 response: https://nwfmc.org/manufacturers-survey-contribute-to-the-covid-19-response/
- Helpful Recovery Preparedness Planning from Impact Washington: https://www.impactwashington.org/covid-19-mfg-recovery-preparedness-planning.aspx
- Beggs & Lane Q&A: Families First Coronavirus Response Act (the “Families First Act”)
- US Dept. of Labor: Family First Coronavirus Response Act Questions & Answers https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions
- Governor’s executive order and Guidance on Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce: Essential services and activities during COVID-19 emergency
- Manufacturers Supply Chain Database: https://florida.mfgconnex.com/#/search-tools
- Supply Chain Disruption Planning (FloridaMakes): https://www.floridamakes.com/news/news-releases/news/the-floridamakes-network-urges-importance-of-supply-chain-disruption-planning.stml
- Disaster Recovery and Readiness (FloridaMakes): https://www.floridamakes.com/what-we-do/recovery-and-readiness.stml
- SBDC Disaster Loan Assistance: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Information/EIDLLoans
- Business Damage Assessment Survey (FloridaDisaster.biz): https://floridadisaster.biz/BusinessDamageAssessments
- Grow FL: https://www.growfl.com/resources-from-growfl-experts/
- Florida Economic Development Council: https://fedconline.org/
- FloridaWest EDA: https://www.floridawesteda.com
- Florida Chamber of Commerce: https://www.flchamber.com/
- UWF: uwf.edu/coronavirus
- SBDC: http://floridasbdc.org/small-
business-preparedness- recovery-resources-for-the- coronavirus/
- FloridaMakes: https://www.floridamakes.com/
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/
- Department of Labor: https://www.dol.gov/coronavirus
- Santa Rosa EDO: https://www.santarosaedo.com/ready/
The Northwest Florida Manufacturers Council is building a talent pipeline for manufacturers in Northwest Florida.
NWFMC MISSION STATEMENT
To strengthen the economic competitiveness of the region’s manufacturers by acting as a single voice to address common interests.
The Council represents manufacturers and partners in the Northwest Florida region to include Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Bay, Holmes, Washington, Jackson, Calhoun, and Liberty Counties.
Membership in the Council is open to manufacturers of all sizes and sub-clusters who are located or have a presence in the Northwest Florida region. Membership is also open to affiliate members who have an interest in the economic success of the manufacturing industry in Northwest Florida, as well as to public partners who support the efforts of the Council. Membership can be achieved by application, approval of the Board, and payment of annual dues.
The NWFMC has developed two videos in an effort to bring attention to the value of manufacturing in Northwest Florida.
Recruitment tool for students looking for an exciting career.
Manufacturing Opportunities in Northwest Florida!
Are You Ready?
Whether it’s a hurricane, flood, power outage, fire, or issues with transportation, customers or suppliers, are you prepared? Any number of crises might occur that could substantially set back your profitability or even cripple your company. Refer to this list of national, statewide and local resources to find out what to do in case of emergency.